Top Live Casinos & Games with Real Dealers in South Africa for 2021
Online casinos are becoming more and more popular around the world. South African players can enjoy online slots, lotteries, table games. However, while many like them, some like live casino games. Whether it’s their atmosphere, desire to feel like in a brick-and-mortar gambling facility, or any other reason – many people find live dealer casinos the best. In this article, we will review live casino websites that gamblers from South Africa may find interesting.
Best Recommended Live Dealer Casinos
100% up to
50% to 75%Average Payout Speed
205Casino Games & Pokies
100% up to
1 dayAverage Payout Speed
1350+Casino Games & Pokies
100% up to
96%Average Payout Speed
170+Casino Games & Pokies
11500 ZAR bonus
8888 ZAR bonus
2200 ZAR bonus
30,000 ZAR bonus
10,000 ZAR bonus
9999 ZAR bonus
10000 ZAR bonus
The Most Popular Live Dealer Games
There are many live dealer casino games. Here, we will review some of the most popular live dealer games you can find.
- Roulette. Simple rules – guess where the ball will land. There are two of the most popular versions of this game – American and European roulette;
- Poker. Another iconic casino game everyone loves. Collect the best hand and win;
- Blackjack. Get to 21 as close as you can and beat the dealer;
- Baccarat. Played almost as Blackjack, but here your goal is to come closer to 9;
- Craps. Test your luck with various dice games.
Live Dealer & Regular Online Casino Games Compared
To give you an idea what is the difference between regular and live dealer casinos we prepared a little comparison.
Regular casino games are usually presented in great variety since they are much easier to produce and support. The minimum and maximum bets range are much higher. A wider specter of bonuses and promotions is available to a player. The gambling pace is too fast, and you can spend all your bankroll in a blink of an eye.
Live dealer casino games provide you the atmosphere of the traditional casino at your house. Here you can play against other people and in the case of some games compete against the dealer in real-time. However, here you can’t adjust the game pacing, since the dealer is responsible for it. The range of games available is often narrower, as well as a range of promotions, like free spins or no deposit bonuses.
What is a live casino?
Live casinos are online casinos that use modern technologies to create the image of a traditional casino. They use specialized hardware and devices, like video cameras and microphones, streaming software, and decorations. The gameplay is broadcasted to the live casino website where players can interact with dealers, bet real money, and communicate with each other.
How does a live casino online work?
Live casinos work almost the same way as regular online casinos. Usually, when you play at an online casino, you have a window with the interface. It allows you to interact with the game, make bets, influence the gameplay, and your opponent in most cases is RNG, like in a slot machine. In a live casino online, you also have an interface to interact with the game, however, here your opponent will be either another player or a dealer. The dealer acts as a mediator between you and the outcome of the gaming session.
How to Play Live Casino Games
The process is almost the same as in traditional online casinos:
- Create an account at a live casino website. You can choose the gambling site from our recommended list. Also, just like in normal online casinos, live casinos often provide their players with various promotions, like a welcome bonus, free spins, free money, etc.;
- Signing up with a casino, make your first deposit. Check the previously mentioned bonuses, since even a regular deposit bonus is highly profitable;
- Go to the live dealer games section of a casino, and pick the game you want to play. Explore the rules of a game that you want to play;
- Follow the dealer’s instructions to get a complete understanding of the gameplay.
Apps & Mobile Dealer
Online live dealer casinos also vary in terms of realization. Just like regular online spin casinos have mobile versions, live dealer casinos also conduct such practices.
For those who are interested in free instant play games, there are mobile live dealer casinos. To play at such casinos you don’t need to download anything on your mobile device. You can enter a live casino from your smartphone, log in to your account, or create a new one, and play live games with the same experience as on a desktop version. The only requirement is to have a stable internet connection. However, the drawback will be a lower graphics quality, and even that is no problem with a high-speed internet connection.
The second type of portable live gambling site is a downloadable app. They are available in a wide range of mobile devices: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and many others. Usually, you can download an app for a certain live casino in Google App Store or Apple Store. Of course, a casino app is not an instant play solution, and you will need a free space to download and install an app. Graphics and other parameters are mostly similar to the mobile website version. The difference is what is most convenient to you – have an app for your casino on your device, or access it via a browser.
Top Tips for Choosing a Live Dealer Casino
Below we listed our tips that you can use when choosing a live dealer casino:
- Before signing up with a casino, check its licensing. All online casinos must be regulated and tested. License from a gaming authority proves that a casino is secure and fair. Apart from licensing, check software providers. Casino games developers also and show you whether a casino is trustworthy or not;
- After you create an account, go check the promotions page. Online casinos often provide players with bonuses and special offers. Also, check if a casino has a jackpot and look into the terms and conditions of obtaining it;
- Check if you can play live games on your computer or mobile device. Live games require more resources to run on a device, than regular casino games.
Live Dealer FAQs
How do I play Live Casino?
Make sure you have an internet connection, go to the live casino website, sign up, make a deposit, enter the game you like, and make your bets.
How do live dealer games work?
The image is broadcasted to the casino website, where you can see it and thus play games.
Which live dealer games are the most popular?
The most popular are roulette, Blackjack, and Poker.
Are live casinos legal in South Africa?
Yes, all casinos, including live, are legal in South Africa.
Can I play live games on my mobile?
Yes, live games are available on the mobile version of the casino website, and as a mobile app.